Easy access by Road, Scheduled Airline, Private Aircraft or Helicopter.
• From Johannesburg/Pretoria (about 500km total)
• Take N4 through Witbank and Middelburg.
• Turn LEFT to Belfast & Dullstroom on Route 540.
• Go through Belfast, Dullstroom, Lydenburg (now called Mashishing) and head to Orighstad
• Go through Orighstad, through Strydom Tunnel and down to Hoedspruit.
• At Hoedspruit go to 4-way stop just after bridge over railway line.
Take a Right on the R40 towards WHITE RIVER.
• After 7 km Turn Left at Sign EastGate/Timbavati.
• Measure from here 18 Km to Large Control Gate (which is just over the bridge on Klaserie River).
• At Control Gate tell Guard you are going to Walker’s RiverCamp. Do not pay as gate is on our property and our guests enter @ no charge .
• Once through Control Gate turn immediately first Right at sign “Walker”. Follow road to the right down to River. Camp is across causeway – Welcome: your journey has ended.
• SAA Airlink flies 2x daily from Jhb’s O.R. Tambo to Hoedspruit Easgate Airport and back. SAA Airlink flies 3x weekly from Cape Town to Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport and back. We can collect you by arrangement from Eastgate – it is a 10 minute drive from Camp.
• Private Aircraft should land at Hoedspruit Civil FAHT in the town – arrangements can be made for collection
• Helicopter pad is at the Camp. Experienced pilots only please (confined area). Can accommodate Bell 206 and Robinson.
• CEM Air has 1 scheduled return flight from Johannesburg and 1 scheduled return flight from Cape Town, daily.
Our GPS co-ordinates are
S 24° 21′ 34″ E 031° 09′ 48″